- Category: Hardware
- Published on Thursday, 12 May 2016 18:57
- Written by 4Z5LV
- Hits: 37735
AFE822x SDR-Net ( Dual Channel ) Features
● Synchronized (diversity) or separated (independent) Dual Channel reception mode
● 100 kHz to 30.00MHz continuous frequency range
● 2-x Direct sampling receivers
● Digital down-conversion
● Dual 12- bit 76.8 MSPS A/D conversion
● Up to 900kHz recording and processing bandwidth for each channel in dual channel mode or 1.8MHz in single channel mode
● Waterfall display functions, when used with appropriate software
● Recording and playback, when used with appropriate software
● Sensitivity - MDS -136 dBm at 500Hz bandwidth
● USB 2.0 interface (Full Speed)
● LAN (network) interface for remote access
● Compatible with: Linrad, Winrad, HDSDR, SDR Console
SDR-radio, CuteSDR, Studio1, SdrDX, Quisk, PowerSDR_mrx
● Powered from USB or 7-10VDC from External Power Supply
● Dimensions 120mm deep x 78mm wide x 27mm height
● Price - 309$ (no box) 359$ (boxed)
AFE822x SDR-Net is a Dual Channel direct sampling Software Defined Receiver (see picture below) it has ability to send it's received I/Q stream trough two different interfaces:
- Network (LAN)
AFE822x SDR-Net Dual Channel receiver has the following specification:
0.05MHz-35MHz: 35MHz Low Pass Filter (LPF) assembled - standard configuration
Per user request the special SDR revision can be assembled that is able to work in aliased mode (36Mhz-72Mhz or 72Mhz-108Mhz) , in this revision the 30MHz LPF is not assembled and external Band Pass Filters (BPF) have to be added by user.
Noise Figure: ~11dB (in 1MHz-30Mhz range and maximum gain 35dB)*
*input VGA (Variable Gain Amplifier) has variable Gain from -10dB up to +35dB
MDS: -136 dBm at 500Hz bandwidth
Output data format:
1. four16-bit I/Q channels (in dual channel mode)
2. two 16-bit I/Q channels (in single channel mode)
Maximum Receiving Bandwidth:
BW = up to 900kHz for each channel (for 1000 ksamples/s sample rate) - using Network connection in Dual Channel mode
BW = up to 1800kHz (for 2000k samples/s sample rate) - using Network connection in single Channel mode
BW = up to 110kHz (for 125k samples/s sample rate) - using USB connection and Dual Channel Mode
BW = up to 230kHz (for 250k samples/s sample rate) - using USB connection and Single Channel mode
RF ADC sampling rate: 76.800MHz
Power Supply Voltage Requirements:
5V (supplied from the PC's USB bus or from external) or from external power supply able to provide 5VDC +/-0.2V).
7-10V DC to the DC power connector.
Power Supply Current Requirements:
~ 580mA from USB or external 7.5V power supply. Mini-USB Y-cable is used to get power from USB line, so two free USB connectors required to get power for AFEDRI SDR-Net-x2 from USB line.
AFE822x SDR-Net Dual Channel rev0.1 in Box (SMA and BNC connector's assembly)
AFE822x SDR-Net (Dual Channel) rev.0.1 in 1455J1201 box (SMA and BNC connectors assembly)
AFE822x SDR-Net Dual Channel rev.0.1 in Box back panel
The AFE822x SDR-Net is designed to be connected to Personal Computer (PC) by two alternative interfaces:
1. Ethernet Network connection.
This can now provide up to 2000kHz sample rate (in single channel mode two quadrature channels, 2 x I/Q 16-bit sample size) and up to 1000kHz for each reception channel (in Dual Channel mode, 4 x I/Q 16-bit sample size)
2. Full Speed USB
This interface is identical to the one in earlier AFEDRI SDR versions. It sends to PC two quadrature channels I/Q with sample rate up to 250k samples per second 16-bit sample size - equivalent to two audio channel ( in single channel mode) or 125k samples per second - equivalent to four audio channels (in Dual Channel mode).
For more information about USB functionality of the device please read AFEDRI SDR description.
Dual Channel Reception Mode (two HDSDR instances for two different bands)
When the AFE822x SDR-Net is connected to a PC using network interface, it is compatible with the following PC SDR software:
- Linrad - Dual channel, Diversity and Single channel modes
- Winrad, HDSDR, Studio1 - Dual channel, Single channel and Diversity modes
- SDR Console (SDR Radio) - Single channel mode
- CuteSDR - Single channel mode
- SdrDX - Single channel mode
- PowerSDR_mrx - Dual channel, Single channel and Diversity modes
In addition to this there is software plugin - SDR Network Control Box plugin , that can be used with Winrad, HDSDR, Studio1 this allows control of the AFE822x SDR-Net parameters (frequency, RF gain/attenuation etc...) and reception of the UDP I/Q data stream.
When working together with Linrad or SDR-Radio.v2 software - no additional software or plug-ins are required.
SDR Network Control Box screen-shot.
The SDR Control software was written using Qt Cross-platform application framework from Nokia, so both Windows and Linux software versions can be compiled and have similar Graphical User Interface (GUI) under both operating systems .
- Next >>